Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What did you do today to advance your acting career?

Can you answer that question?

Today I practiced a monologue...
[tis such fools as you that makes the world full of ill favor'd children]
Name that play!

And created a calendar of events for the month that will help me reach my monthly goal.
My goal for March is to pay of my smallest student loan, which means earning $1,751.00 by March 31st.  Eek!  But it must be done.  Today I worked for a few hours which means I am $27.50 closer to my goal... cross your fingers.

And finally, I am working on my most recent play, Wonderland.  I'm putting Alice and her friends into a 60 minute kid show that I'm hoping will be joyful and fun.  Fun to watch and fun to be in.  Right now I'm in character mode, writing out their outfits, their motivations, and what they can do onstage to make kids laugh.  I am following some great advice given to me by a good acting friend "any kids show has to have a spit-take."  I'm thinking March Hare or the Hatter can be spitting out his tea.  The kids will giggle for that!

I also started this blog today, how productive.
You can find more about ME at my website, or follow me on Twitter.

Remember to be an actress you have to act!  Go audition!

No comments:

Post a Comment