Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Amazing Grace and Scotland the Brave

I can play the bagpipes.
Well, I used to play-about four years ago.  I played all through high school with two other girls, and at the time it was fun, but I don't think I took it to seriously.  Now I am revisiting my musical past because, as you know, it is my goal to pay off my $1,751.00 loan this month and I thought if I could sell them I could get about $1,000 for my bagpipes.
But I can still play them.
It has been four years and although I am rusty I can definitely still play pretty well.  This is only on the practice chanter (you can practice on a "recorder" and not actually play the whole set of pipes) so I really have no idea what condition my bagpipes are in or if I could still play them.  But now I am wondering if I should sell them or start back up playing because A) it is hard to sell bagpipes, not a big market for them B) I might be able to make some money playing Amazing Grace at special events and that could be more profitable in the long run and C) that might look really awesome on my acting resume!
Plus I kind of miss playing an instrument
Dang it.

So not only did I NOT sell anything today, but now I am thinking about adding another activity to my plate.  This is what happens as a working actress, I have to figure out what will make me the most money or get me the most auditions... possibly bagpipes.  What do you think?  Should I keep them?

On another note, I finally got my Gi today, aka my karate uniform!  And I have my first test on Monday, the first 3 basics and if I do good then I get a black stripe on my belt.  So I'm nervous, and excited, and I have to practice.

I also booked an audition next week for a charity runway show.  I have no modeling experience, and I have to show them my best runway walk.  Oh goodness, the things I get myself into... Hopefully I do well!

But you know if you want to be an actress you have to act and to act you have to... AUDITION!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment