Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's who you know...

You know what they say, it's not what you know it's who you know.  That is why I am grateful to the Michigan Film Reel because they hold a networking event the first Sunday of every month, where you can meet fellow actors and actresses, crew, directors, and producers.  Pretty much every aspect of the film industry.  Tonight I brought along my good friend Danielle, a fellow actress, and we worked the crowd.  Handed out some resumes, business cards, and headshots and showed our faces.
A tip for networking--film people love black.  If you're on crew you usually wear black at shoots.  Must be a natural thing for us, but if you want to stick out wear COLOR!  I wore a red shirt tonight and Danielle an orange and we were the only people wearing color in the whole room, what a great conversation starter and way to stick out!

Afterwards we made a quick appearance at the Mr. Spookity Film Festival, but the first short was... slower moving, to say the least, and we were hungry so we ducked out early which is good because I am exhausted.

As for yesterday, I had a great day with my adorable boyfriend baking a cake, playing board games, and going to the movies.  Sometimes you need a break...  I guess the way I advanced my career was by inspiring myself by watching a great movie The Adjustment Bureau!!!  MATT DAMON AND EMILY BLUNT LOOOOVE they were so good, great chemistry and very believable and I loved the script, very interesting.  Awesome movie I would totally recommend you go see it!  I love Matt Damon, he is so solid and super cute!  Haha.

Tomorrow is looking to be a busy day I am hoping to apply for some waitressing jobs and maybe go on a secret shop and earn some money.  And I'm testing in karate class so that is going to be scary!
Someone needs to make sure I practice my runway walk because I'm pretty sure I look awkward like a newborn giraffe and that's not going to book me any jobs.

Beauty sleep time!
Did you floss your teeth tonight?  Get a step ahead of the lazy actors! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment