Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ups and Downs

Being an actress isn't easy.  You never know what is coming next.  Filming, traveling, auditions... the schedule can get chaotic.  And trying to work and balance your life can make you crazy.  You have to take it one day at a time.  I have been actively pursuing a career in film for less than a year now and I've already had many times where I "called it quits" and given up... although I guess you can say my career has been in progress since I was 7 years old, the first time I got onstage.  Once it's been in your blood that long, there is no way you can abandon it.  Acting is a part of me and I love it.
So even when it's tough, keep going.

Today was good though.  I am working on Wonderland and it is coming along, I'm hopefully going to have a rough draft soon!  That will be a great accomplishment, I'm hoping to get it picked up and published, then every time somebody performs my show I will get royalities!  I'm not going to complain about money coming in.  Hopefully Wonderland can help fund my move to L.A., which is set for this September.  If I want to be serious about acting I have to take some serious steps, so that is the plan for now.

I also applied for a new job today as a Secret Shopper.  So far it seems like most jobs you get $15 for completing and can easily do a few a day.  Secret Shopping could be my secret to success!  And pay my bills, thank goodness!  We'll see... so far I'm too scared to actually pick up a job.  Maybe I will within the next week... meh...

My parents think I should keep my bagpipes.  Ryan thinks I should sell them... an easy $1,000 if they get sold.  I haven't played in four years, and I'm torn.  It seems like a big piece of me to give away!  So I'm going to sleep on it again... any advice is appreciated.  Am I famous enough to auction them off and make thousands of dollars?  Not yet?  Meh!

It's Jersey Shore night!  Ryan's here so I'm not making him sit through it, that will just give me something to look forward to for when he's gone.  I hope you all are fist pumping though!

To be an actress you have to act!  I'm auditioning this Saturday, are you?
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment