Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween!

Happy Halloween!


It has been nuts for me this week.  The weirdest thing is that I feel like a month has gone by since I last posted.  New York is truly the city that never sleeps and I always feel like I'm on the go or have something to do.  Thank goodness today I can just sit on the couch because I definitely need a little bit of rest and peace and quiet!

Last week Saturday was the beginning of the madness.  First, I had an audition for an emcee for a film festival.  The casting call was pretty vague, they were looking for all types, normal people, characters, aliens, zombies, it was pretty strange.  I asked if I needed to prepare anything and was told no.  Now, I made it to the address I was given and RED FLAG it was in someone's house.  HOW CREEPY IS THAT?!  My first instinct was to call Sarah and talk to her when I checked it out, but she was on the subway.  So I thought maybe it was a business cause there were some next to the building, but let me tell you I was very much aware of my surroundings when I walked up.  I buzzed the door and it opened and... a little asian man answered and there were like 20 kids coloring in the hallway.  Safe.  The director lived there and his wife was hosting some sort of NYC kid's art club or something.  Anyway, that is my story of how I didn't get murdered on this casting call.  I did my audition and it was bad haha they didn't have anything for me to read or really anything they wanted me to do so it was awkward.  Needless to say I didn't get called back.
After that I headed to The New School because I had another audition but didn't want to go all the way back to Brooklyn.  I crashed there for a bit while Sarah studied and then I walked through Union Square to get to my next audition.  Since it was Saturday there was a huge farmers market and a bunch of people selling artwork and jewelry, it was pretty fun to walk through.  I had an audition at New York Film Academy (NYFA) which I rocked (got the part) and then I headed back home where I had about an hour to eat, chill, and head to my next shoot.
I was doing a short student film for NYU and was playing a model who is the muse for an artist.  The twist at the end is that I was actually dead the whole time, creepy and awesome!  I met Juan the director and Sam the other actor.  It was pretty fun and nice to be on set again, and they were shooting on film which is the first time I've worked with film!  Crazy.  Much different than digital because you have to use as little footage as possible you can't just shoot as much as you want.  We also were shot in black and white with 3 point lighting so I'm hoping it will look pretty cool and give me some good footage.  Sam played the artist and actually drew a picture for the film while we were on set.  It was pretty creepy!  Finally I got to go home and go to BED!

Sunday.
What an exciting, exciting day!  First thing in the morning Sarah and I headed out to go wedding dress shopping!  She has been multiple times and tried on tons of dresses and guess what... WE FOUND HER DRESS!  I am proud to say that I was there.  The bridal salon was having a big sale, no appointment necessary, and it was nice because we just got to look through and browse without a sales lady breathing down our neck.  Now this is gonna sound so cliche but the first one she tried on was IT and we both started crying and hugging and doing that whole girly thing, but it was such a great moment.  After a few more dresses it was clear that was "the one" and Sarah even hardballed it and got free alterations, woo woo!
Now the rest of the day is pretty interesting but I have to tell you a secret that I haven't shared with you yet.  I had a date, with someone I met on an online dating website!  Convinced by my roommates and some friends who had used online dating, I made a profile just for fun.  I have gone out on a few dates, but in general it seems like dating is not something I can handle right now... and what I mean by that is I'm so busy that these dudes seemed to get pissed when I can't hang out or text them back.  Sorry I'm living my own life!  My theme song right now is "Telephone" by Lady Gaga haha "boy the way you blowin' up my phone won't make me leave no faster, put my coat on faster, leave my girls no faster!"  Anyway, I will tell you about the few dates I've been on and that's that because I disabled my profile.  Just not for me.
So after wedding dress shopping I headed to Madison Square Park and met up with someone who was very nice.  We had a good conversation and a good lunch.  I also got to walk through the city for a bit and he pointed out cool landmarks in the city.  Funny story... I had two dates on Sunday and I had to awkwardly try to get out of my first one cause it was about to run into my second one.  DON'T JUDGE ME haha I don't have a lot of free time when normal people have free time so I gotta squeeze hangout time in when I'm not working.
So my next date was at a haunted house which was pretty cool because if you know anything about me you know I LOVE being scared.  There were some pretty great moments, and I screamed a lot.  Afterwards we got some pizza and hung out for a bit before I finally headed home.  I was pooped!  I had been in the city for about 12 hours straight and I couldn't wait to go home and go to bed.

Monday.
I felt like a little bit of a bum on Monday.  Now, if I had known how crazy the rest of the week was going to be I would've thoroughly enjoyed my few hours of couch and TV time.  After sleeping in, Sarah and I decided to start our new workout routine and be each other's "partners" so we stick to our goals and all that jazz.  She had a workout from a magazine that was a buddy workout where you do moves together so you have someone with you.  It was pretty hilarious and we had a hard time concentrating because we were laughing so hard at the ridiculousness of the moves (let me tell you I was not laughing the next day when my ass hurt every time I went up and down the stairs).  Anyway, we were pretty proud of ourselves.
I didn't do much, watched some TV, and then headed out to go see Paranormal Activity 3... another date haha.  It was awesome though because I got off the subway right where the World Trade Center Memorial is and it was beautiful!  The new buildings were all lit up and it was just amazing to see.  Paranormal Activity 3 was AWESOME!  Not as scary as the second one I thought, but still really sweet.  After we walked to the waterfront and saw the Statue of Liberty.  Beautiful.  And after that, home and bed!!

Tuesday.
So Tuesday was rough because Alex was sick for a few days and he was getting sick all over the apartment and it was scary!  Luckily he didn't need to go to the vet and he's better now, but we were dealing with that and it was pretty stressful!  I don't know how Mom's do it (love you Mommy).  Also, our heat got turned on and while it is nice to have heat in the apartment it sucks because the pipes are old and ghetto and it literally sounded like there was someone throwing rocks down the pipes.  So I was a little sleepy but that didn't stop me from going for a run, although my intense soreness from my workout the day before made it a little difficult.
After a shower I headed to my first day of work.  I had only had one day of training and the manager who hired me wasn't there so I was basically just in charge of myself.  Luckily, it was lunch time so it was pretty slow and he got there eventually.  As of right now I can definitely say that I LOVE MY JOB.  Since its a steakhouse pretty much everyone who works there are men, which means I'm very spoiled.  They always feed us and they seem to think I need a lot of food because I get giant platters of it and then they try to make me take home as much food as possible.  Definitely not a starving artist thanks to work.
After work I headed to the film set for the NYFA movie I had been cast in.  I played the girlfriend of a GIRL!    The main character of the film brings home a goth kid, a lesbian, and a black guy to shake up her family dinners so I got to be the lesbian... they made me wear suspenders hahahahaha.  After being on set I had to rush home where I literally had fifteen minutes to get ready for the Chi Omega Today event being held at the Union League Club.  I was rushing on the way there, but luckily I ran into Emily (one of the Chi O's from the Brooklyn Bridge walk) so I wasn't the only one who was late.  We got into the club and headed up to the dining room and it was gorgeous.  They had an open bar and some delicious appetizers going around, and I was pretty excited about the fact that I had eaten free, delicious food all day!
The Chi Omega Today event was an update from Nationals on what the sorority has been doing.  The secretary from nationals came and spoke and there were Chi Omegas of all ages.  They only do these events in a few cities so it was pretty exciting.  (For any Mu Zeta's, I got to see Ruthie aka our National Consultant from our senior year!)  Afterward, we sang "Shades" and I mingled for a long time, it was a great way to feel connected with the sorority again.  I'm so proud to be a Chi Omega!  They also gave us fridge magnet words Chi Omega style so Sarah and I are rockin those on the fridge right now.  Sorority life is definitely fun during college but it is such a great thing to have after you graduate, especially if you move to a brand new city!  I actually made plans with some of my sisters that I met which is awesome :) yay!

Wednesday.
Sarah and I were so productive Wed. morning!  We cleaned the apartment because Josh was coming to visit, we did laundry, and we even did yoga... for old people.  Since we were sore from our weird, intense workout we decided to do "yoga for aches and pains" which was hilarious.  They were like 'this will help with your arthritis' and Sarah and I were cracking up.  The difference between when we did yoga at Adrian and yoga here was that in school our teacher yelled at us for giggling and here we had no one to make us focus.  I went to work and had a great time and afterward I went to Cipriani's for dinner with Jose and his friend Jordan.  We had some amazing dinner, mozzarella, calamari, salmon, pasta and salad.  So great, especially since Jordan and I hit it off!  Afterward we headed to Greenhouse were they were filming for that TV show about Ice T and Coco.  So if you're watching that you might see a clip of me and Jordan dancing in the club!  Hopefully I didn't sign my life away when I signed the release form haha.  I got home at 4am and crashed.

Thursday.
Thursday morning I woke up and ran three miles in the rain (beastmode).  I headed to a model call (scam) and went to H&M for a bit before grabbing a coffee at McDonald's (soooo classy) and headed to work.  I took a detour specifically to walk by 30 Rock, just cause I feel excited to see where some of my favorite shows are filmed!!  Let me tell you something... when it rains in NYC I am a happy girl because I get to work coat check at the restaurant and that means more money for me!  Woo hoo!  I was in a great mood so I headed to Greenhouse again and this time we were there with the cast from Boardwalk Empire.  If I had ever seen the show that might have been more exciting.  And since I was tired, I headed home early (3am is early haha) and went to BED.

Friday.
Friday I did NOTHING.  I slept all day and went out with my last online date.  He was pretty fun and the bar was really cool.  I went to dinner at Cipriani's where the first of the Halloween costumes were starting to emerge.  I spent the night partying with Catwoman.  At Greenhouse I had a great time!  We closed the club down and then headed out for pancakes mmm delicious and I even got my cab ride home paid for.  I was exhausted yesterday because I didn't get home til 6:30am!  Nuts.

Saturday.
Yesterday, I slept in.  You know you've been out too much when work at 5pm seems difficult to handle.  Luckily I was just tired and not hungover!  Plus, I love my job so it wasn't to bad that I had to go.  And it was snowing (which I love) because coat check was nutso!  And chef made me some delicious food, pasta with chicken and peppers.  Of course it was on a giant platter so I brought home enough food to feed myself for four days.  I also got an warm apple tart with ice cream.  I had to stay a little bit later but it was fine because I was having fun and making money.  After, I braved the freakishly cold weather and headed to the apartment where I quickly changed into my awesome ninja costume and headed out with Batman, Catwoman and DJ Lance Rock (Yo Gabba Gabba duhhhh).  Halloween in NYC is awesome!  Although sometimes you can't tell if people are dressed up or if they're just strange.  There are costumed people everywhere, on the train, walking through the city and it is nuts.  We went to the bar and saw some sweet costumes like Buzz Lightyear, Stewie, and a horse which had the head and the ass.  I thought the butt was cute but when I said something to him he started hitting on Joel... fail!  People loved my ninja costume, especially since my mask is intense and they can't tell what I look like.  A few times I had to take it off cause I was hot and people would be like oh you're pretty!  Good times.  They played some sweet music, hits and some old school Blink and Nsync.  I had a great time and headed home way too late.

Today I slept til 1pm and it has taken me about two hours to write this giant entry while I watch reruns of The Office.  Jim and Pam not being together is the weirdest thing.  It is soooooooooo nice to sit down and do nothing.  And tonight the only thing I have planned for tonight is Skyping with my awesome parents :)

If you're still reading this, you're awesome!  Hahaha.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment