Friday, October 14, 2011

Dad Says "Buck Up"

Wowza.
I can't believe it has been almost a week since I posted last... fail!  Superrrr busy.
Anyway, you guys are reading the SHIT out of my blog and I LOVE IT!  Thanks :) my last post has been viewed over 100 times.  Awesome!

So.... Let's see...  to be quite honest I can't remember what happened on Sunday.  I assume that I chilled at home and then went to training?  So I'll start with

Monday.
I had plans for Monday.  Gonna get my license copied, gonna get my work clothes, and gonna study.  So I make the trip out to the city and go to Staples.  It is here that I realize that I have gotten all the way in to the city to buy stuff and FORGOT my wallet.  So I only have $6.  One of those dollars is now on a card for Staples, in case I ever need to make copies.  Whoopie.  So I head into Bryant Park for a few hours to study, and I get approached by some promoter who tries to get me to buy some package for a hair salon.  When I finally get him to realize I literally have no money, he gives it to me.  Whoo hoo!  And offers me a job as a promoter.  I'd have to walk around and try to get people to buy shit... Hmm, not my thing.  Besides the hours were like 12-7 Mon.-Sat.  When would I act?  Nope.  After he leaves another dude approaches me and asks what the guy wanted.  HELLO I AM TRYING TO STUDY.  Apparently the promoter creeps Bryant Park a lot, whatevs, I didn't buy anything from him.
I head over to work and we have a wine tasting.  Very interesting!  I learned a ton.  And I was super excited to realize that I actually could taste and smell the difference in everything.  Exciting.  And everyone was so nice, after work we headed to the bar where the bartender gave us free shots and everyone was like "oh man did we just find our after work hangout?"  I hung out with Dominque, Lisa, Eric, Ray, and Derek and we just chilled.  When I realized it was almost midnight I was like oh shit!  I have an audition tomorrow and got home way late.  Pooped!!!  My whole week has been me running around like crazy.

Tuesday.
I woke up late today, and missed my first casting call... whatevs it was for a music video, there will be more.  I head to a meeting with the casting director I met last week and he takes my information to submit me to another show (extra work woohoo).  I get home with just enough time to sit down and each lunch and change and then I head to H&M to meet up with the girls to buy clothes for our uniform.  It is so fun to meet up with people from work (Dom, Lisa, Iris) and feel like I'm getting into a little family again.  We get button ups from H&M and then head over to Payless for shoes.  After an hour me and Iris basically sprint walk to work cause YOU CAN'T BE LATE wah wah.  We go over training and then we taste a bunch of cocktails!  Yum yum!  MOSCOW MULE YOU ARE DELICIOUS I would drink that every day if I could.  Work gets out late and I'm POOPED so I head home.

Wednesday.
NOTHING IN THE MORNING YAY!  I get to sleep in and watch TV.  Awesome.  I want to eat something yummy for breakfast cause I'm out of yogurt and I try to get Sarah to come, but she's gotta study.  Luckily, she is super tired and pours her hot water for her tea into her cereal.  She is still determined to eat this, and after she pours milk into her mushy hot cereal she gives in and decides to go to breakfast with me.  I want pancakes, but its like 11, so we head to a little cafe for coffee and donuts.  Brooklyn Bread HAS PANCAKES.  Best.  Morning.  Ever.  And they are delicious.  We eat and I come home to relax.
As I'm relaxing I get a call from one of the managers... He says that they overstaffed and don't need as many servers to open the restaurant so they're not going to train me anymore.  Basically, I wasted my time and turned down a job and two workshops and MADE FRIENDS and now I'm not working at The Smith (unless something changes and they decide to call me.  Whatever).  After all the bullshit about how they supposedly treat their staff I find it interesting that they treat their trainees like shit.  Could have at least warned the staff that they might NOT ACTUALLY HAVE A JOB!  Thanks.
So that, to say the least, was depressing.  Mostly cause I have to find a job again and that is annoying as shit.
But Dad says buck up.
I give myself the night to do NOTHING because I have been running my ass off for this job and I want to relax.
I decide the day won't be a total waste and I go to the workshop for Galli theater.  I meet Judy, Peter, and two other girls who's names I can't remember and we do warm-ups and then practice working on characters. For the children's theater we go into the seven archetypes of fairy tales, the witch, the warrior, the Queen/King, the beggar, the fool, the teenager/Prince/Princess, and the innocent child.  Needless to say it is really fun and gets me PUMPED that I'm actually part of a company and I'm going to be performing and teaching!  Yay!
Then, that night I get more depressing news from a friend and I'm just having a total shit day.  I buy a ton of junk food and watch TV all night.
First day I want to go home.  Took me two weeks.  Meh.

Thursday.
After the double rough day I decide that it is okay to watch Heroes and eat my weight in cheezits.  Which is what I do.  At roughly 6pm I get TWO BOXES FROM DADDY and what is better than EEYORE FINALLY BEING IN NEW YORK CITY!  When I get him out of the box I just lay on the couch and cuddle in happiness and don't even look at anything else.  Then I take a nap.  The only productive thing I did yesterday was unpack and put together some pink shelves.  My room is all nice and set up now, and yes, I do have a Justin Bieber poster on my wall that I found in a magazine.
At 6pm Jacob and I start drinking.  Whenever someone on Heroes uses their power we drink.  Good times.  We head to PJ's where Jacob's rugby team is, and I sing karaoke.  I head home at 1 and eat some mac & cheese and go to bed!  Wondrous.

Friday.
I wasn't a total waste of life today.  Ate breakfast and then cleaned the whole kitchen.  We have a little mouse issue so I washed all the dishes, cleaned all the poop, and took everything out from under the sink which is definitely where they are getting in.  I run 3 miles, shower, and get online to apply for castings.  Sarah gets home and we go to the store and get expanding foam and we foam the SHIT out of our cabinets.  We even pull the stove out.  Well... Jacob foams everything haha.  But it took us THREE CANS because that's how much they had chewed into the wall behind all the stuff.  Then we set traps.  We are also getting a kitty :)  His name is Alex.  His poor owner is moving in with his financee who is allergic and he is giving Alex to us fo free, along with all his stuff.  So hopefully the mousey issue is taken care of.
I write down a bunch of places to go apply to tomorrow (heavy sigh) and then Sarah and I watch this really strange movie on Netflix, they got some weird crap on there, and then we watch Breakfast at Tiffany's and paint our nails!  And that is my day.  Tomorrow, I will be productive.
And Ashley is supposedly coming to visit this weekend?  So I might see her tomorrow.
Hopefully, next time I check in it is with good news!
Cross your fingers!
:) Laura

"You musn't give your heart to a wild thing. The more you do, the stronger they get, until they're strong enough to run into the woods or fly into a tree. And then to a higher tree and then to the sky."

No comments:

Post a Comment