Monday, January 30, 2012

Four Month Anniversary!

January 28th was my four month anniversary with this beautiful city, and I definitely celebrated in style.

This week I spent my time working and getting ready for Gab!  Her flight got in at 8am Saturday morning and the first thing we did was go back to bed.  We spend most of the day hanging out and catching up.  It is so nice to have a good, close friend here, especially someone like Gab who is just like me and knows me so well.  Who would've thought when I was intensely rushing her to go Chi O she would become my little and one of my closest friends.

So attractive
Saturday night Gabs and I got ready to go out to a late comedy show.  One of my regulars from the restaurant comped me 4 tickets to see him perform!  I invited Jake (my old roommate from Brooklyn) and his girlfriend to come along with us.  As we got ready we blasted some party music and decided maybe we should pregame.  Being poor kids we decided to help ourselves from the extensive liquor cabinet of my roommate... Gosh I hope he never reads this.  We justified it by saying that he always offers me his food and drink, and the fact that he has like 20 bottles of dusty liquor that clearly haven't been used in a long time.
We headed to the show at Caroline's, a famous comedy club on Broadway.  We got into the showroom and were seated right next to the stage.  Literally.  I could have used the stage as my table.
We had a few drinks and the show went a couple hours.  It was a great time, the comedians were funny and we had a lot of fun.  Afterward we got to hang out with the comedians.  We went to a bar and then to the after party.  We met some pretty cool people and I traded business cards with a couple... even out on a Saturday night I'm always working!  One of the comedians has a production company and while everyone was drinking we were talking business.  Good times.
Gab and I with two of the comedians.  Yes, he picked me up.
After a loooong night Gabs and I got home at 11am.  We slept all day and got up to get ready for work.  I brought Gabs with me, expecting a very slow Sunday night.  The staff on Sunday is always fun and somehow we got even MORE spoiled than usual.  Gabs and I had calamari, chicken francese and green beans, and cheesecake for dessert.  We chilled, gossiped, and I even taught her how to use the computer.  It was a fun hangout night since the restaurant was so dead.  After a long, fun filled weekend, we came home and snuggled up on the couch and watched The Notebook.  Gabs didn't want to watch the end but I MADE HER!  And we cried.  Don't act like you don't sob when you watch that movie.
Today we had big plans to go out but we ended up sleeping and watching MTV.  I have to work later and Gabs has to get prepared for the big audition tomorrow!  Woo woo!  She's gonna be GREAT and I can't wait to take her out and celebrate on Wednesday night.
Ooh New York, how I love you.  Happy Anniversary <3

No comments:

Post a Comment