Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday

Sunday.  A time of reflection.  And football.
Let me start off by saying GO GIANTS and what a great last quarter that was to watch.  I had fun, but I also was remembering last years Superbowl and the wonderful memories I have from that weekend.  I looked back on them fondly as I sat in the restaurant today, a year later, and thought about all the changes that have happened in the year since the last big football game.  Now I'm in NYC watching the New York Giants win the big game... what crazy changes have come since then...

New York City I LOVE YOU!

For so many reasons.  Like walking off the train and hearing two 15 year old girls talking...
"And I was like what the FUCK is that BITCH THINKING?!?  Obviously it was x = - y!!!  DUH!"
Wow.  Totally not what I was expecting her to end that sentence with.

Or walking past the car repair shop on my street and only getting hit on by one person... The lesbian mechanic.  "Hey sexy..."  Hahahaha.

Or having a family of tourists near me on the train and their mother saying "watch out for the pretty lady with the pretty hair."  What a nice compliment :)

So lets see what has been happening with me since I left you...
Gabs had her auditions and I helped her out by taking her around the city and showing her where to go.  We had a great pasta lunch and lots of deep discussion and fun all around.  Unfortunately she didn't get a callback for her first round so she came to my work and sat at the bar and our regulars gave her wine, snacks, and advice and that made her feel better.
Luckily, the next day she auditioned again and got callbacks and interest so we were happy!  And I went to a meeting at a theater on the Upper East Side and met an amazing woman who I'm going to be taking classes from.  If things go well I will have the chance to get my scripts produced on a NEW YORK STAGE!!!  ANNNND I can work with Equity actors!  (Equity is one of the actors unions) And also, possibly, act with them as well and get into the union myself.
So to celebrate all the greatness of the day we went out!  We went to Wip (dumbest club everrrrrrr, except that is where I missed Beyonce boo) and then to Greenhouse and just had fun dancing and drinking.  It took us forever to get home and Gabs had to leave early in the morning so I was exhausted and slept all day.  Thankfully, I had taken the day off because I had big plans with my Chi Omega sisters.  I met up with Sonia, a 2011 graduate that I clicked with at our last book club meeting and we went and got frozen yogurt for a few hours before wandering through some stores on our way to the theater.  We met up with a group of Chi O's and I made some new friends :) then we watched "The Artist."
Okay... The Artist was a good movie.  Nice concept, good acting, great camera work and sets and blah blah BUT IT WAS SOOOOOOO LONG.  Granted, I was pretty tired, but still.  The dog was adorable though.
The rest of the weekend I worked, exercised, read, blogged, did chores, watched TV and relaxed.
Today, I went to All Souls Unitarian church.  It was really amazing and uplifting and everyone was so welcoming.  The reason I love Unitarianism is because its not a bunch of religious nut jobs shoving beliefs down your throat.  Its a religion that focuses on loving everyone and kindness to humanity.
And the day ended with a wondrous football game!  What a crazy last quarter, I was screaming and jumping out of my seat and scaring all the tourists from Europe who don't get football.

And walking home hearing joy and shouts throughout the streets "Giants! WOOOOOOOOO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment