Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!
I might be a bit early, but I don't care.  I wish you joy and love on this special day :) I hope you give love to everyone special in your life as well!

Let's see what has been going on in New York City...

The day after the Superbowl I worked a double.  I spent the hour between my shift in the library which is BEAUTIFUL!  Even though it was a bit hard to get up and down the stairs with my stupid runner's knee acting up (which just means it is time to start up karate again, yay!)

Now, there has been a bit of an issue at my job.  Basically, they have gotten behind on payroll.  I don't know about you but I depend on my money to live so this is a problem.  On Thursday I had the day off and I went for a coffee with Bill (my writing friend/mentor) and then headed up to the restaurant to finally collect my check.
It wasn't there.

So I told the manager to take me off the schedule and that I wasn't coming in anymore... I guess I'm jobless again.  I had been looking for a bit and I have a few leads so please keep your fingers crossed for me!  I'm not panicking yet because I have faith that everything will work out, but a prayer is greatly appreciated.

So I took the time to finally get some things done like send very important mail and packages and clean my room and do some cool things in the city.  I also was convinced by a friend to start a website where I can post more of my writing (an infinite supply of poems and short stories) and Tumblr seemed like the perfect place.  It has been a bit addicting because I can see when people "like" or "reblog" my work and WOW it feels so good to know people are enjoying what I wrote.

Oh you want to read?  Please click here :)

On Saturday Lindsey Shull (aka Woodcock) came up with her husband to visit and I met up with her and Hillary Frazier for coffee and it was SO GOOD to see them!  And to catch up on life and see where they are and tell them about all the great things I have going in my life.

Then I went home, inspired and happy, and finished some work on "Wonderland" which is currently in rehearsal.  Any donations to help me get home to see my play are also greatly appreciated. ;)

On Sunday I got up and went to church.  The high schoolers led the service which was okay, but the best part was one of the hymns that we sung, which I believe really sums up how I'm feeling about life right now:


I wish I could share
All the love that's in my heart
Remove all the bars
That keep us apart
I wish you could know
What it means to be me
Then you'd see
And agree
That every man should be free
I wish I could give
All I'm longin' to give
I wish I could live
Like I'm longin' to live
I wish I could do
All the things that I can do
Oh, I'm way overdue
I'd be startin' anew


-I Wish I knew How it Was to Be Free

So good!!!

Anyway, then I headed home and just laid on the couch watching the Valentine's Day movie marathon on FX (woo! awesome!) cause I kinda just felt like poo.  And I'm trying to work on feeling better by practicing gratitude and being thankful and sharing love and working out but yesterday I just couldn't do it so I went to sleep real early and prayed for a better day.

AND TODAY WAS AWESOME!  Well it started off a little ho-hum but then I texted Annie who saved me (as usual... love her!) and I went for a nice walk and run, I took a shower and I headed out to the writer's group that meets once a month at All Souls church.
It was awesome! 12 women, 12 writers, sharing work and giving feedback.  I was by far the youngest there, but it didn't matter, I enjoyed it so much and I can't wait to go back next month.

The best part was the fact that I had been singing ALL day and thinking about missing singing and wishing I could pursue my vocal career more and possibly use my poems as lyrics and write my own songs, but I didn't know where to start.  And one of the women gave me her card... and she's a friggin' voice teacher.

DEAR UNIVERSE.  DEAR GOD (cause to me they are one and the same) THANK YOU.  Thank you for the "sign" and thank you for the push and thank you for proving to me that I'm on the right path and in the right place.

Just wow.  What a great day, what a great life!!!  I'm feeling all sorts of positive and happy and it is AWESOME.  So that's where we are right now, and I've got a great week ahead so come back soon!!

Thanks for reading :D

New York, damn, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment