Friday, January 27, 2012

My Nonexistent January.

Hello!!!!
Well it's almost the end of the first month of the year (of the last year ever?! oh no!) and I have about nothing to show for it thanks to a sinus infection.
My last post I was hoping to get better and even though I was sleeping and not doing anything but going to work, I did not get better, I just got worse!  MEH!  So after going to the doctor and being diagnosed I have been taking tons of antibiotics and hoping that February is much more exciting.
So really, nothing much to say to everyone.  Mostly this whole month I have been sleeping ridiculous amounts, going to work, and reading.
Thanks to a friend I saw the entire first season of "Game of Thrones" which got me hooked on the books (again).  They are so addicting!  I'm reading number one for probably the fourth time.  Luckily, I made my boss download it on his iPad so I can only read it at work when we're slow, which is good because when I get one of George R. R. Martin's books I become a hermit and am not seen for days while I finish it.
I also just finished an amazing book called "Something Missing" by Matthew Dicks.  We're reading it for our Chi Omega book club and I spent a rare late night finishing it because I couldn't put it down.
I'm getting ready for a very exciting week, Gabrielle, my sorority Little is coming to visit tomorrow to audition for graduate school!  Can't wait to see her and have a friend to show around the city.

Other than that, I've been practicing giving gratitude for everything I have.  It is amazing how good you feel when you start to appreciate all the blessings in your life.  And since I started doing it, the subway always comes right when I arrive... I haven't had to wait more than five minutes for a train... crazy.

So here are some words from Rhonda Byrne's book "The Power" all about giving thanks:
"Thank you for my life.
Thank you for the harmony.
Thank you for the joy.
Thank you for the fun and excitement.
Thank you for the wonder of life.
Thank you for everything wonderful and good in my life.
Be grateful,
Gratitude costs you nothing."

Thanks to all the amazing people who have influenced my life, who have supported me, and who have helped me grow.  I love you!

Hopefully my next update will bring exciting news.  Auditions were just held for "Wonderland" (the children's show I wrote) so maybe I'll be able to post the cast list for you :)
Have a wondrous day!

1 comment:

  1. So encouraging :) Love it!! I have been much more thankful lately too and the same thing has been happening with me! It seems like everytime I get to a crosswalk, it turns green! :D

    ReplyDelete