Saturday, January 7, 2012

Twenty.Twelve.

Happy Happy New Year my loves!
Well the end of 2011 was quite the rollercoaster.  I am loving the whole entire concept of starting over because 2011 can SUCK IT.  All the shit that went down, I am ready to release that from my life and I can say for sure that so far 2012 looks like it will kick some ass.

So the week leading up to Christmas I spent a lot of time working and sleeping and watching TV.  Work is a great place to be sometimes.  When we got bored me and my boss would talk to each other on the phones at the front desk.  Yah, we're that cool.  We also stand at the hostess stand and play games on our phones/iPads.  In plain sight.
I also get to leave for auditions when I want, and I had one during work.  I headed out and after I put my name on the waiting list I started wandering around the theater.  For some reason I feel like I have the right to just explore random theaters because I basically grew up in one.  The good thing was I started chatting with some people there and met an acting coach and a producer!  Both leading to opportunities, one called me up and said that I should send him my resume and shots from set design because they need a designer on their team.
I could have just sat in the waiting room like everyone else, but I wandered around and found an opportunity.  Even if I don't get the part I can still say it was a successful audition.
The day before Christmas I watched Pokemon with my 7 year old roommate, met a friend and mentor for coffee (making moves) and went to a boring day of work.
After, I headed out on the town with Jordan, went to WIP which was LAME again.  We had fun with it though and then she took me to her friends apt.  Let me just say he was a New York Ranger, I watch him play on TV and he was a major DBAG.  Good to know.  Professional athlete thought he was too cool for school.
Then we found out after we left the club BEYONCE went there.
I can't even comment on that.  If you know anything about me you know how I reacted.  FML.

My Christmas Eve was spent with myself.  All day I indulged in guilty pleasures and watched trash TV and ate and laid around.  I spend Christmas Eve by myself, awesome.  I did get to Skype with the family party which was pretty cool!
I had to get up damn early to catch my flight but it was AWESOME to be home.  Man, I missed the comforts of living with my parents and a car and just everything that being at home is about.  But it is good to know that I can survive without them... kinda... they might send me food and rent money but whatever I'm 23, don't judge.
Anyway, home was great.  I saw "We Bought a Zoo" with Matt Damon (love) and saw ELLA my little sister and part of my second family, went shopping, and spent some awesome time rocking out on rock band with my bff and Darcy.
After a way too short vacation I came home and was super sad to leave, but it was great being back in my city.  I didn't have much time to be sad because I had to clean my shit up and get ready for the millions of people coming to see me for New Years!
Andy, Vince, and their friend Aaron came up as well as Amber and Tay.  And what an amazing New year's it was.
After the boys got here we went and picked up our tickets for the party we were going to, then we walked around Times Square which was CRAZY and I will NEVER EVER do that on NYE, people were already in line at TWELVE NOON WTF!??!  Macy's Day Parade was enough for me.  Then we came home and napped, Amber and Tay got here and we all had dinner, and then we got ready for NEW YEARS EVE!
All of us headed to Revival where we had drinks, appetizers, and fun!  We met up with Zack and his friends and by the time everyone got there half the bar was part of the group we brought there.
It was an amazing New Years Eve with amazing friends and I feel really great about the future!

Group Picture!

Our sexy NYE hats

First picture of the New Year!  Mehrrr :)

Group shot!

Priceless
Hands down my favorite picture of the night!

Oh goodness it was hard to choose what pictures to put up!!!!  It was such an amazing night :)
After everyone left I was bummed, and I've spent the rest of the week working, sleeping, and trying to figure out what I wanna focus on in the New Year.  I hung out with my love Jordan, got over a cold, and I'm feeling pretty great today and super excited for the rest of January and this year!  YAY!
I'm so super thankful for all of the love and support from everyone, especially from the girls that have had my back a lot recently.  Special shout out to NETTY and AMBLER!  While I have some amazing friends and family, you two have been such a bright spot in my life recently, thank you!!!!
But you're all awesome and I'm so proud to have such great people in my life :D
So far 2012 has been a happy year, lets keep it that way!

Happy New Years loves!

3 comments:

  1. Just got around to reading this :) love you boo boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just not getting to read this! I'm so glad you're loving it out there, still!! Good to know you made the right decision! :D

    ReplyDelete