Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Massacre: Sing to Your Children

I am very jacked right now.
I just ran 6 miles and I feel AWESOME and full of energy.  I got a lot of stuff done tonight.

What have I been doing...
I picked up some checks for work and met one of our clients, the owner of one of the huge nightclubs here in NYC.  We chatted for a bit and traded cards, hopefully that is a great connection for me!  It is all about who you know, you know!

OMG.  This is so exciting... On Thursday one of my friends flew in from Michigan and brought with him two tickets to 30 ROCK LIVE!  He had an extra one and brought me with him.  I was in the studio where the shoot SNL!  There were pictures on the wall of everyone who has participated over the years.  We watched the episode filmed live, saw all the celebrities and actors, Paul McCartney was a special guest and it was AWESOME.  And very inspiring.  Nothing like a live show to remind you why you moved to NYC to begin with... I just can't explain how awesome it was, the energy of the crowd, excitement of everyone who was there.  And if you watch the east coast show you can hear me laughing at one point.  Awesome.

Marcus and me with our tickets to 30 Rock Live!

The rest of the week was fairly uneventful.  I saw Titanic in 3D by myself and cried like a baby... it was awesome.
Last Wednesday I met up with one of my friends from the show I worked on because he had free tickets to see a show at the Rattlestick Theater.  I had no idea what we were seeing but boy was I surprised when I got my program and it had a picture of a bloody knife on it and the show was titled "MASSACRE: Sing to your children"

...

The set was a slaughterhouse.

The show opened with BOOMING music and flashing lights and a bunch of bloody people in masks bursting through various doors.  It was scary!!!  But the show ended up being AMAZING (the writer was nominated for an Oscar) and the acting was fabulous, great concept and the SET.  Wow.  They had a working bathtub and shower.  It was really cool, I loved the show and I'm so happy I got to go.

On Friday I had a meeting with a real estate broker about getting my name out there to help stage houses and organize for people.  We met for drinks and even had a visit from some girls I went to college with who were visiting the city!  It was awesome seeing some familiar faces.

Adrian Alums in the big city

After the girls left Ben and I decided to have dinner cause we were hungry and kinda drunk and he was paying because... well he's real estate broker in NYC so you figure that out.  I had escargot!  It tasted good but was definitely a little chewy.  Overall, it was a great night, I have a great contact and had a delicious expensive dinner.  And that was the night the moon was CRAZY!  So beautiful.

The weekend was awesome.  After work on Saturday I spent the night in, working.  I applied for a ton of auditions and have a few this week.  Sunday I went to see the Avengers.  It. Was. Amazing.  Just... so amazing.  Movies like that are why I want to be in movies.  The show was sold out and the whole crowd cheered and clapped at all the big moments.  It was awesome!!!  What an experience.  I wish I had super powers!  I guess I'll have to keep auditioning and someday I can play a superhero.  That would be a dream come true.

This week I've been working a lot, getting a lot done, feeling very grateful for all I have, and getting excited about the future.  I am super happy and can't wait for all that is coming my way!!!  (Endorphins are great)
Hope everyone out there is feeling great as well :)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment