Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Work Hard, Play Hard

What a great time I've had recently!

I have been working like crazy.  My job with the security company is going super great, I love my coworkers and now that I'm in the groove I'm feeling really great.  They even are having me come in an extra day this week... looks like they're starting to need me!  It feels good to be needed, and to be helpful.

After I work at the office, I head out to organize.  I'm working on a guest room that will hopefully be rented out to people who are staying a night or two in the city.  After I finish organizing I am going to help design the room and I'm pretty excited about that!  Can't wait to have the before and after pictures for my portfolio.  And all the hours that I log go towards me being eligible to be a Board Certified Professional Organizer.

Last Tuesday I went to the Yankee game with Jordan and some of her coworkers and it was AWESOME!  She used to work for the Yankees so not only did she deck me out with a ton of gear, but she got us passes to the exclusive bars in the stadium.  The played the twins, the stadium was packed, our seats were great and very cheap, and the beers were big.  We also had a big bag of snacks and it was a nice 75 degree summery night... man it was a great time!  I can't wait to go to another game.  With $12 tickets and a 10 minute subway ride to the stadium how could you not?

On Wednesday night I led a program at church called Food and Fellowship.  My topic was gratitude.  We ate dinner, then talked about things we are grateful for, and then broke into small groups and discussed it further.  We also wrote letters to someone we had never thanked... I actually just messaged mine to my person and his response was amazing, I made his day, and it felt great to thank someone who was so influential on my life, especially since he had no idea.  It was somewhat stressful to lead the program, but overall it was a good experience.  Going to All Souls always makes me feel a million times better, I love my friends in the Young Adults group AND I got a huuuuuuge lead for my organizing and design business.

On Saturday night I had a callback for a movie I auditioned for.  I haven't heard anything yet but it took them a month to give me the callback so cross your fingers!  Then I headed to Jordan's and we watched Game of Thrones and Entourage for a chill Saturday night.

This week has been much of the same.  Working a lot, exercising, trying to get new clients.  Today I was picking up checks for work and ended up meeting the owner of some big clubs here in NYC.  He was impressed by my demeanor and gave me his card, saying that he has some connections and might be able to hook me up with a talent agent.  Woo!  So hopefully that works out.

The rest of the week is busy with work and play.  I love NYC!  I can never stop saying it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment