Friday, March 16, 2012

Rehearsal

Wow time flies!  I have been so busy I am barely able to get on my computer to check my email.
I have been going to rehearsal every night of the week from 6:30-10 doing props for three different shows.  I'm also every other crew position... we have a stage manager, an assistant stage manager, and me!  It is a little bit nuts.

On Tuesday I started work at my new job and so far I LOVE it!  I'm working as an assistant in an office that runs security for a bunch of clubs and bars in the NYC area.  I don't want to talk about it too much cause there always seem to be bloggers that get fired for talking about their work haha but I love the people and I get to organize stuff and I have a steady job with good hours.  Yay!

On Thursday Sheltie came to visit.  (That would be my BFF from before high school) She was coming for a jewelry conference for school and stayed with me for a few days.  We had a good time hanging out, the first night she was here we went to Jordan's apartment and watched TV and chilled with her and her roommates.  There were a bunch of people over and we definitely went to the Big Gay Ice Cream store and bought every flavor of ice cream sandwich.  It was delicious.
Another night, we went to the bar one night and met up with Hillary!  It was a Caledonia reunion.  We hit up the Ace bar for some skee ball and then went to a bar called International and played Kings.


Sheltie had to leave me on Sunday which was very sad, but I went to Jordan's and had an awesome night.  I cooked her some stir fry for dinner and we enjoyed the amazing weather by wearing our sweats and playing HORSE with a half flat basketball into a garbage can and riding bikes til 3am out on the streets of NYC.  God I love that girl, and I love love love New York!  I can't wait for the weather to be warm all the time :)

On Monday I had work again and it went really well.  I got paid from my restaurant job and decided to take Jordan out for dinner.  She's such a doll and I stay at her place all the time (I even have a key) and I just wanted to show her how much I love her.  Also, I didn't want to eat by myself!  So we went and got sushi and ice cream.

Tuesday was so amazingly gorgeous!  I opened all the windows in my apartment and cleaned off our balcony.  Our balcony is so great, we have a grill and a table and chairs, it looks over the street and is covered.  I just relaxed and did some writing and watched the people go by in the weather.
That night I had rehearsal and afterward I went downtown to see Dan perform.  Jordan and her boyfriend Dylan came out too and we watched the comedians and bar hopped.

Wednesday was crazy.  Thank god I have Jordan who helped me get ready when I was running late for work, she is truly an amazing friend.  I had work and rehearsal and went home exhausted.

Yesterday after rehearsal I went to Jordan's who had a bunch of people from her work over.  She's got a great place for parties and all her roommates are on spring break right now so we've been having a nutso week!  Dan and his friend Adam came and hung out too so it was a real fun night.

Work, rehearsal, friend time... Life has been totally crazy but in such a good way.
Next week our shows open on Thursday soooo I probably won't be on for awhile!  Ha.  Crazy!
Sorry these have been short and rushed, life is SO SO GOOD!!!  I love New York City and I'm so grateful to be here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment