Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgivingness!

Holidays.  Are.  Exhausting.
Or maybe it is working seven days in a row that is exhausting!
Or maybe it is partying too much... wah wah.

Tuesday night after work I was chilling with the servers because I just didn't feel like going home yet.  Also, they got me some yummy dinner.  I decided to go out for "one drink" (HA!) and went to a bar in the east village.  There I had a great time just jamming to the band and chilling.  On our way to the next place I started talking to a limo driver and while I was chatting him up one of the servers decided to rent him for the night, so we picked up the rest of the staff at the restaurant as they were closing up and RODE AROUND IN A WHITE STRETCH LIMO ALL NIGHT!
This is my life.


It was awesome.  The guys I work with are so chill and really interesting.  And instead of going home I slept at my new place :) So I guess I was home!  Doug and I both worked in the morning and we stopped at a little Mexican place on the way, and the owner gave me a free donut.  At least that's what I think it was, it was a ball of dough about 4 inches big and it was DELICIOUS!  Except Doug told me there was cheese in it and there wasn't... the cheese never came!  Still yummy though.

After a crazy night and no sleep I headed home to start cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  I made a pie, and rolls, and some weird cookies.  Sarah and I wanted to use the pumpkin pie filling for something other than a gross pumpkin pie and we made cookies with german chocolate cake mix, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and oatmeal.  Weird.
Then we headed to bed because our alarms were set for 4am!
Before the crack of dawn we headed out the door.  We got to the parade route at 5:15am and got a front row seat.  We sat down, and waited.  We made friends with the family next to us, a little girl named Kassidy made the time go by wayyyy faster, she was hilarious.  We also befriended one of the police officers working the parade.  Finally, at 9am the parade started and it was AWESOME!  Its such a different experience than when you see it on TV.  You can see everyone holding the balloons, there is confetti and clowns, the celebrities are up close, and there are a shit ton of people.  It was super fun!



God I love Pikachu

SANTA! I KNOW HIM!


Definitely don't need to go every year though, it is quite exhausting!  When we got home, no rest for the weary, it was dinner time!

And I have to say, for 3 kids who have never made Thanksgiving Dinner before we did a really good job!  Especially considering that our oven is so ghetto.  The part that tells you the temperature on the front moves so you never know if it is exactly the right number, and it doesn't tell you when its heated up all the way, and there's no thermometer soooo yah, I'm pretty impressed with us.  We had everything!  Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, roles, yams, and two kinds of pie!  MMM.
MMM my homemade pie!

After stuffing myself I took a quick nap and then UGH I had to go to work.  I had another Thanksgiving Dinner at work and then I got home and went to bed!!!  Where I slept 10 hours and had to go to work again.
The rest of the weekend I rested, cleaned the apartment, and went to work.
Last night I headed out to Cipriani's with Jose and Juliet and had an amazing dinner, then we went upstairs and there was karaoke!  I LOVE KARAOKE!!!!  It was a super fun night but man am I tired!  After work today I slept and wrote this blog and now I'm going to apply for auditions.
Tomorrow is get serious time.  I'm moving in on Thursday and I will have my own space so I can practice monologues and sleep and get my life together!
I did not forget what I came here to do :) acting!!!

But for tonight, food and rest.
Bye byeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment